The CSRAI Affiliates Program connects members of the Penn State community from a broad range of disciplines to engage in AI-related research, education, outreach, and other initiatives. CSRAI supports and amplifies the efforts of Affiliates and Student Affiliates through various initiatives, and strives to build and advance a community of scholars engaged in socially responsible AI discovery that can:
- enable collaborative research, start new initiatives, and advance existing initiatives
- engage faculty, researchers, staff, and students from diverse disciplines at Penn State and beyond in vital conversations related to all aspects of socially responsible AI
- increase the visibility of CSRAI and related activities to funding agencies and external collaborators
- transform the lives of individuals and society
Eligibility and Benefits
All non-student members of the Penn State community pursuing research, education, or outreach related to socially responsible AI are eligible for CSRAI Affiliate status. If you are a Penn State student, please review the CSRAI Student Affiliates Program page.
CSRAI Affiliates will:
- lead and shape the research direction of the center
- be eligible for increased amounts of funding for CSRAI seed grants
- participate in and be eligible for leadership roles within CSRAI subcommittees
- receive timely communications about CSRAI activities
Affiliates are encouraged to list their CSRAI affiliation in their email signatures and CVs, and to acknowledge CSRAI-related activities in publications, news releases, and other works to publicize the work of the Center.
To be considered for CSRAI affiliate status, complete the Affiliate Request Form.
Requests will be reviewed by the CSRAI director. The director, or their designee, will approve or deny the requests based primarily on the requestor’s current research interests and/or potential to support the Center’s mission.